The 2018 SESNZ Conference will be hosted by The School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences and the Department of Human Nutrition at Otago University. The keynote speakers will be:
- PROFESSOR JOHN HAWLEY Director of the Centre for Exercise and Nutrition at the Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research
- PROFESSOR KATHRYN SCHMITZ President of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Kathryn is also a Professor in Epidemiology at Penn State University.
- DR SHONA HALSON former Head of Performance Recovery at the Australian Institute of Sport, Recovery Centre Director for the Australian Olympic Committee at numerous Olympic Games.
- PROFESSOR RACHAEL TAYLOR Director of the Edgar Diabetes and Obesity Research Centre
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DEBRA WATERS Director of Gerontology Research at Otago University and the Deputy Director of the Ageing Well National Science Challenge
- DR KEITH TOLFREY Chair of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences (BASES)