Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is often overlooked in clinical practice and is rarely a reason for referral. However, if overlooked in your exercise prescription it can present a barrier to effective treatment and better outcomes. This presentation aims to provide you with the foundational knowledge needed to provide more effective and targeted exercise prescription to support individuals with ADHD in receiving the best outcomes not only for their ADHD but also their health as a whole.
This presentation will provide:
1. A basic understanding of ADHD
2. An overview of the current research on exercise for individuals with ADHD
3. Key principles of effective exercise prescription
4. Important considerations for exercise prescription,
5. light based sleep interventions
6. strategies to improve engagement in exercise and practice.